Third Line / Security Engineer – South London/ Hybrid – £45-50K
A Third Line Security Engineer is required for a Waste Management company to play role in developing their security posture. If you are a third line Infrastructure / IT Security Engineer looking to progress your career and act as the security lead, this is the opportunity for you!
This role involves monitoring, analysing and responding to alerts generated by the security systems and also be actively involved in the development of cyber security and vulnerability management capabilities. This is the ideal role for a third line engineer with a wide range of security and third line support skills.
Third Line / Security Engineer Responsibilities
- Monitor and review the security operation centre and security system logs and respond to anomalous behaviour.
- Complete day-to-day system administration to ensure IT assets are secure and compliant.
- Assist the third line team with the implementation of a vulnerability scanning tool and supply remedial actions as needed.
- Collaborate with the third line team on network segmentation projects to ensure the ongoing security of critical operational technologies and infrastructure.
- Assess and respond to external threat intelligence reports and research and evaluate emerging cyber security threats.
- Assist with the development and implementation of incident response playbook exercises.
- Support the service desk/second line team with user based and security related issues
Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Requirements
- 3rd Line Infrastructure experience supporting platforms such as Windows Server, Active Directory or Azure.
- Knowledge of security analysis tools and defensive technologies e.g., LogRhythm, Carbon Black, Windows Defender.
- Experienced in developing processes to improve security incident response capabilities.
- Find system threats and supply threat mitigation solutions.
- A degree in IT, systems engineering or related qualification
- Experience working with international frameworks such as ISO27001
- Full clean driving license
If you would like to hear more information about this exciting opportunity, I would love to hear from you! Feel free to contact Rochelle Thompson at email@example.com or apply online.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer, and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.