Business Information Risk Officer BIRO
A Newly Created Role – A new opportunity!
Location – Hybrid – Home / London (1 every 2 weeks – max) 😊
Salary £70 – 85k
The emergence of the BISO role is a huge step toward InfoSec being accepted as an integral part of business and realising the potential for the revenue-enhancing benefits of embracing information security.
This is a BIRO role for a global advisory firm, and you’ll be part of a team of experts covering Detect & Response, Quality and Risk, and Information Risk Management, and what’s more, this entire function sits within the CISO’s office. You’ll be someone that drives through change, taking it from suggestion to conclusion.
This is a new role, a 1st of its kind in the business. It’s a chance for you to make it your own, and as the function succeeds and the team grows, so too does your part to play within it. It’s the dawn of a new era for infosec being a part of the business rather than being viewed as a blocker on the side.
The role of the Business Information Risk Officer:
- Build strong internal relationships, and help improve internal functionality by facilitating business change using a mixture of InfoSec and business knowledge.
- You might help with onboarding a new supplier, and support that process in assessing, handling, and advising on the infosec risk
- Or, if a business area wants to implement a new tool, the BIRO will help them write processes to ensure risk is limited and the opportunity maximised.
- The BIRO may get involved in panel discussions with the business when evaluating tools/vendors to ensure that risk is considered from the offset.
- You might identify a part of the business that could potentially tender for more work if they gained a certain InfoSec certificate – and then present your case for obtaining that cert.
Requirements of the Business Information Risk Officer:
- It’s a given that you’ll have significant breadth and depth of infosec / cyber experience along with the relevant certs for the BIRO position.
- Culture and mindset is a crucial factor here – you’ll need to, and want to take responsibility for challenges you face rather than escalate.
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal comms and be comfortable and calm delivering proposals to senior (non-tech) stakeholders – even when challenged.
For more information on the new Business Information Risk Officer Role apply NOW or email me at email@example.com