Cyber Security Engineer – London, UK – £85 – 100K
A Cyber Security Engineer is required for Fin Tech company to be part of a growing agile security team working with the latest cloud technologies. This is your opportunity to work in a supportive environment where your career can flourish with continuous learning and development opportunities.
This role involves working with engineering teams to provide guidance on secure software development practices and providing a security oversight to product design and development. You will assist in devising and introducing new ways to further secure their software development lifecycle.
Cyber Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Automating monitoring and implementing pro-active response tools.
- Design and implement creative solutions for emerging and difficult security challenges.
- Work as part of the team sharing responsibility for understanding how systems work and ensuring that they are documented to ensure everyone has a collective understanding.
- Ensure systems are always working and alerts are high quality and investigated promptly.
- Contribute as a subject matter expert in incident response scenarios, both real and simulated.
- Emulate company culture and values by bringing in innovative ideas and suggestions.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, delivery-focused, and capable of managing numerous work streams at once
- Experienced in working with AWS and other cloud vendors too
- A solid understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, and containerisation
- A good understanding of key Linux concepts and networking fundamentals
- Development coding experience with C#/Java/C++/Golang or strong transferable coding skills.
- Familiarity with modern software development processes
- A strong belief in the automated testing of systems in part and aggregate
- Able to use SQL effectively to query data
- Be able to confidently use Git
- SaS business experience
- Finance business experience
- Software development background
If you would like to hear more information about this exciting opportunity I would love to hear from you! Feel free to contact Rochelle Thompson at email@example.com or apply online.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer, and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.