Data Engineer role
• Hybrid role (2-3 days in London office/week)
• Manager level
I am currently recruiting for a technology consultancy, who are looking for an experienced Data engineer to join on a permanent basis.
As a Data Engineer, you will be involved in assessing client’s technical needs and managing clients’ stakeholders relationships appropriately. You will be identifying data sources, data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) concepts and methods.
A big part of your role will be designing, evaluating, and implementing on-premise, cloud-based and hybrid data engineering solutions.
Your core skill will be working and handling data through various ways including:
• Harvesting and ingesting structured and unstructured data in different formats and standards
• Integrating, consolidating and cleansing data
• Migrating and converting data
• Applying ethical principles in handling data
• Ensuring appropriate storage of data in line with relevant legislation
You must have:
• 3+ years experience in Data Engineering
• Experience working on cloud-based infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Experience working in client delivery across a range of projects, including data analysis, extraction, transformation, and loading, data intelligence, data security and proven experience in their technologies (e.g. Scala, Java, Apache Spark, cloud-based ETL services, Python, Apache Kafka, SQL).
• Experience in database technologies including writing complex queries against their (relational and non-relational) data stores (e.g. SQL Server, Apache Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Graph databases).
• Must be SC cleared or be eligible for SC clearance (must have worked in UK for at least 5 years).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data engineer to build and grow on their skills in an exciting and collaborative environment.
Please send me your CV if this could be of interest.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer, and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.