INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT (GRC)
- I’m working with one of the UK’s leading consultancies. Their GRC division is growing exponentially and what I need is an Information Security Consultant with experience of working within a consultancy.
- They are currently working on a number of great projects, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a small security team within a large organisation, manage multiple clients with endless opportunities to progress your career.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT (GRC)
- The information security consultant will be working with the national and global clients directly, travelling to client site in the UK.
- Use your expertise to support and contribute to typical deliveries such as: Design reviews, making sure the business adheres to security policies and frameworks (ISO27001).
- Work across all business areas as well as 3rd party vendors to assess information security risk exposure.
- Working alongside Senior Information Security consultants who are subject matter experts within consultancy globally and use this expertise to build credibility with clients.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR AN INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT (GRC)
- Strong relationship building skills; act as a consultant & advisor to senior business leaders on the place of information security in their teams & projects including proposal of enhanced processes & policies.
- Good understanding of GDPR, PCI DSS and knowledge of ISO27001
- Vast experience in conducting report writing highlighting vulnerabilities to company managers and directors
- Perform internal and external security risk assessments.
- Have a good technical background (CISSP qualification is a bonus, not required)
- Inquisitive – able to ask questions of the business users in order to understand information security risk exposure
- At least 2-5 years’ experience within security (BIG 4/ consultancy experience is essential)
BENEFITS OF BEING AN INFORMATION SECURITY CONSULTANT
- Salary: £40-55k
- A company that is focused on developing their employee’s skills and qualifications