A London housing association, specialising in designing and developing innovative smart homes, are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. The organisation focuses on technological innovation within communities by implementing electronic utilities. The company is looking for someone to focus on Azure, Office 365 and VMware. This is an ideal opportunity for with good information security experience looking to develop their career path.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER:
- Support network security processes such as firewall infrastructure change management, web filtering, email security and network access controls
- Oversee information protection technology vendors
- Identify and manage each business division’s data loss protection policies
- Work with security operations team to manage and resolve any information data breaches
- Review and test new technologies for the information protection programme
- Lead an information classification scheme to document and classify information for its archival and disposal
- Support the management of solutions for remote wipe and encryption of mobile devices
- Work with senior leadership and stakeholders to communicate safeguarding needs
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR A INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINGEER:
- 5 years work experience in INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure – including but not limited to AzureAD, Virtual Machines.
- Proven automation skills including Powershell admin tasks and reporting.
- Experience working with technologies such as VMWare, SCCM/Intune/Endpoint Management, Citrix, Telephony, LAN/WAN networks
- CISSP, CISM or GIAC are highly desirable
- Strong experience with firewalls, web filtering, DLP, email security and web security
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with end point protection, information lifecycle management and infrastructure security
BENEFITS OF BEING A INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER:
- Opportunity to engage with clients and lead impactful security solutions within the company
- Lead investigations into new technologies and make decisions on the tools and programmes used by the company
- Work collaboratively with other divisions to achieve highest security standards
- Work directly with senior leadership and stakeholders to communicate needs of the business