IT Security Professional – UK/Hybrid – 70K
Currently seeking an IT Security Professional to work closely with Cyber Security Manager to prevent from cyber-attacks by providing their guidance in protecting information assets and cloud infrastructure against all threats internal and external.
You will play a vital role in establishing and maintaining the cyber security policies and procedures across all cloud infrastructure ensuring they are fit for purpose. Using your knowledge to support other cloud workstreams, ensure security best practice and be able to communicate technical concepts to multi-level stakeholders.
This role provides you with the opportunities for career advancement, hands-on experience with cutting-edge technology, and collaboration with a group of experts eager to expand their knowledge and bring a unique and inclusive perspective to the team.
Your Responsibilities Will Be:
- Assist in designing and deploying technologies and best security practices for cloud platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Collaborate across channels of the business to develop and manage the implementation of secure cloud architectures.
- Manufacture cloud security guidelines and optimise security tools.
- Generate data reports and recommendations for resolution/mitigation of any observed security risks and engaging stakeholders when necessary.
- Create technical solutions using open-source, AWS, and Azure.
- Leverage automation and scripting to expedite secure adoption of public cloud.
- Partner with various teams and business units to investigate application and network architecture.
- Work with DevOps to implement secure end-to-end CI/CD pipeline deployments.
- Liaise with stakeholders on new projects from a security perspective.
- Security technical assessment of all departments internal and external tools.
- Creation of dashboards for security related information.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Eligible to work in the UK
- 5+ years of experience within the Cyber Security industry
- A relevant degree in cyber security or another relevant technical field
- One or more Information Security Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CCSP, SSCP)
- Demonstrate knowledge of container security (Docker, Kubernetes)
- An in depth understanding of the core concepts of cloud computing and security in the cloud; Microsoft and AWS cloud platforms
- Excellent effective communication skills
- Knowledge of the techniques for the design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and reporting of security controls
- Demonstrated background in security architecture
- Ability to travel to Durham UK and other UK sites a MUST
If you would like to hear more information about this exciting opportunity I would love to hear from you! Feel free to contact Rochelle Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer, and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.