Network Engineer – Hybrid/Luton – Up to £60K
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR CTC CLEARANCE FULL RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
A Network Engineer is needed to join a company in the engineering industry to be part of their growing IT department. You will join a small, team and get hands on in detecting, investigating, and responding to network-related events and incidents. Where you will closely monitoring the network infrastructure, identifying any issues or anomalies, and provide appropriate solutions.
Your role requires strong technical knowledge and skills in areas such as routing, switching, firewall management, VPN technologies, network protocols, and network troubleshooting.
Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day running of networks, including conducting regular health checks, identifying issues, risks, and opportunities, and providing recommendations for continuous
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues, escalating to vendors when
- Configure network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN tunnels to maintain optimal performance and
- Utilise network monitoring tools to proactively identify and address network problems and
- Produce design documentation, maintenance plans, and support documentation for network solutions, and provide training for the handover to IT operations
- Implement best practices for network management and perform regular maintenance activities to ensure network stability and
- Patch ethernet/Fiber Lines across the site and handle network equipment during the installation
Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience in a dedicated network engineering role, including expertise in network infrastructure maintenance, design, programming, implementation, migration, and replacement
- Experience troubleshooting LAN and WAN infrastructure in a corporate environment, working with platforms such as HP, Fortinet, and Cisco
- Hands-on experience with network and system monitoring and alerting solutions
- Excellent understanding of network security threats, best practices, and equipment implementation, including firewalls, access control, and security protocols
- Advanced understanding of enterprise campus networks, firewall platforms, WAN technologies, network management, monitoring, and packet capture techniques
- Strong investigation and analysis skills for IT logs and event sources
- Experience with network infrastructure rollout and firmware upgrades
- Excellent knowledge of network technologies such as OSPF, MPLS, VXLAN, IPSEC, VLAN, STP, VTP, VRRP, WAN, DHCP, switching, and SD-WAN. Competency in administering firewalls, and familiarity with wireless protocols and corporate wireless network management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Technologies and VMWare/Hyper-V virtualization
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with HPE/Cisco networking products, Fortinet/Meru/Aruba wireless products, and Palo Alto security products
- Familiarity with Network Automation Tools
- Prince2 Foundation or other equivalent project management certification
If you would like to hear more information about this exciting opportunity I would love to hear from you! Feel free to contact Rochelle Thompson at email@example.com or apply online.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer, and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.