Network Security Engineer – Hampshire/UK – £75-80K
A Network Security Engineer is required for a financial services company to be part of a growing security team working with the latest cloud technologies. This is your opportunity to work in a supportive environment where your career can flourish with continuous learning and development.
This is your chance to combine your network engineering skill set with your passion for security. This is your opportunity to work under the guidance of technical expertise while putting your stamp on building their network security function.
Network Security Engineer Responsibilities
- Administration of network and security configuration in accordance policies and requirements
- Lead and deliver all Infrastructure, network and security solutions across the technology estate
- Update and follow-up on cybersecurity advisory from threat intelligence
- Conduct periodic test on security controls to identify and rectify gaps within our tech stack
- Deploy and perform periodic vulnerability assessment of IT assets and projects
- Liaise with managed security providers, vendors and infrastructure technical staff on security solutions
- Manage and provide remedial actions to IT and Security incidents
- Ensure all network and security solutions are functional and comply with policies and procedures
- Be an escalation point for the service desk with resolving security/network related issues
- Manage hardware equipment, virtualised environment, servers and network Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including but not limited to firewall, routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS, and DHCP
- Ensure network and security equipment are updated to latest firmware
- Documentation of network and security policies
- Facilitate periodic disaster recovery exercise
- Lead the cybersecurity awareness program exercises with the rest of the IT & Security team
Network Security Engineer Requirements
- In depth working experience in implementing and administrating cloud and virtualised environments VMware/Hyper-V network devices
- Hands on experience in security monitoring, network diagnostic, network analytics and network security devices
- Experience in web hosting, web proxy and reverse proxies
- Knowledge of Defence ATP, Sharepoint and Microsoft Intune
- Exposure to Fresh Service or Service Now
- Excellent training and development programme
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Pension Scheme
- Birthday Treat
If you would like to hear more information about this exciting opportunity I would love to hear from you! Feel free to contact Rochelle Thompson at email@example.com or apply online.
LT Harper is an equal opportunities employer, and we are firm believers that everyone has the right to feel valued and safe in their place of work. Therefore, we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment irrespective of race, religion, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and disability, or any other legally protected status.