Full Stack/Cloud Software Engineer – Maryland/Baltimore – $200K
A fantastic opportunity to join a boutique cybersecurity consultancy who are supporting a variety or truly exciting projects within the USCYBERCOM J9 program.
The ideal candidate will design, develop, implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer-based systems. You will have a strong working knowledge and experience developing cloud software-based capabilities and must have an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing skills. You will engage strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines working in a fast paced, small business environment within an extremely talented team.
· Experience in full life cycle software development to include requirement definition, design, development, peer reviews, unit testing, integration and test.
· Experience in streaming and/or batch analytics (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Flink, Storm, MapReduce, Hadoop)
· Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
· Experience in designing enterprise APIs and RESTful web services
· Experience in Microservices architecture
· Experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
· Experience in cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure)
· Experience in Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
· Experience with the Linux operating systemExperience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
· Experience with the agile software lifecycle
If you have a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting with a deep interest in software architecture, making it better with an understanding and curiosity for how things work under the covers then this is absolutely the role for you. Combining substantive experience with complex integration efforts, the perfect candidate must have inherited code and researched, reverse engineered current code, evaluated solutions, and executed solutions in existing code bases.
Please note all candidates must be comfortable with providing code submission and going through a deep technical interview process