Senior Cyber Security Engineer – Manchester – Up to £65k
My client is based in Manchester, they require a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to manage the application and infrastructure security systems. The ideal candidate will have around 5 years + in technical cyber security engineering roles, along with hands on experience in a number of security domains such as network/infrastructure security, application security, cloud security and end point security.
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer will report into the Information Security Manager and be part of a global team that supports the business objectives. This is an ideal role for someone who has worn many hats in cyber security, it is also a great opportunity to be part of the decision making when it comes to the future of the cyber security road map.
The duties of the Senior Cyber Security Engineer will involve:
- Assisting and responding to cyber incidents
- Securing databases, operating systems & networks
- Vulnerability scanning, systems and tooling
- Endpoint security systems
- Email and web security filtering
- Working within cloud / application security
The required skills and competencies of the Senior Cyber Security Engineer are:
- In depth knowledge of cyber security frameworks & best practices OWASP, MITRE ATT&K, RBAC, Defense in Depth, NIST, IS2700, COBIT, ITIL 3.0 and more
- 5 yeas + in network/infrastructure security, application security, cloud security and/or end point security.
- Expert knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Server, Azure and Office 365
- Experience in vulnerability scanning, firewall, WAN, LAN, Wireless (Ideally Cisco), antivirus & malware analysis, proxy, IDS/IPS, log correlation tools, SIEM, DLP, NAC and application firewall solutions.
For more information on the Senior Cyber Security Engineer role, apply online or reach out to Catherine Burn on email@example.com