Senior Cyber Security Product Consultant- Client Facing
Up to £90k – Remote
We have an opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Product Consultant to join a start-up Cyber Security Consultancy at the beginning of what is projected to be a period of significant growth. This is a new role and has come about due the success and growth of the business, this is a chance to make the role your own and organically grow your position as you help the business grow.
Our client is endorsed by the NCSC and works across a range of industries including the Critical National Infrastructure. They’re at the forefront of measurable product assurance and are taking vulnerability assessment to the next level, using their cutting-edge cybersecurity testing software alongside high-level product evaluations.
Due to their success, they now need a high calibre individual who has the energy and passion to take on a hybrid role covering Product Security Architecture / Technical delivery and Sales / BD.
This role is ideal for a candidate who has had a background in product development or assessment of products, along with either consultancy or project management or client facing experience in a Cyber Security environment
The Role of the Senior Cyber Security Product Consultant:
Cyber Product Evaluation / Project Management / Technical Delivery (Approx 60%)
- Project Management: – You’ll have technical ownership of the job and act as the filter between projects and head office. That said, you will of course have the necessary support from the relevant personnel as part of your project team.
- The nature of the project work is to establish 3rd party Cyber Security assurance through the high-level assessment of the process the Vendor has followed in the design and subsequent manufacture their product. The intention is to establish whether best practices and the appropriate standards have been applied.
- You’ll deep dive into the product security architecture, gathering the necessary evidence to decide if the hardware/firmware has been designed and tested to expose any vulnerabilities within the product and as such, you’ll need solid experience of the hardware/software protection methods that are used in products to minimize attack vectors.
- Explore new evaluation techniques, including testing strategies
- The outcome of the process is to gather enough evidence about the product and back yourself to use this evidence to present your findings to the product owners, outlining the products security implementations and Identify its vulnerabilities.
- Leasing with the development team who are developing the product in core Java
Business Development (Approx 40%)
- A significant element of this role will be client facing and it’s during this time you’ll be expected to use your knowledge of the client’s products to generate new and repeat business.
- You’ll have an excellent track record of forming and growing successful customer relationships, maintaining a well-established network of decision-makers with a view to securing repeat / new business.
- As required, you’ll be involved in compiling tender submissions and working on bids.
Requirements of the Senior Cyber Security Product Consultant
- At least 7 years’ experience in cybersecurity-related roles.
- The ability to develop new evaluation and testing strategies.
- Cybersecurity qualifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, etc.)
- Possess the ability to present technical issues to technical and non-technical people alike.
- Experience working for a product developer, test lab, or technical consultancy business.
- Business development experience (identifying new opportunities and run bids).
- Project management exposure/skills.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity standards (like IEC62443 etc.)
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for rapid learning and developing new skills.
The role is remote; however, you’ll typically be required to visit site at the start of a project, periodically throughout and visit the test lab as required. Apart from that the role is remote.
If working with a friendly team of passionate tech professionals sounds like something, you’d like to be part of, then please get in touch.
For more information on the Senior Cyber Security Product Consultant role apply online or reach out to Ryan Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org