Cyber Security Engineer
An award-winning cyber security consultancy, are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to join their greenfield transformation project.
They will be responsible for assessing the security posture of the company and implementing solutions internally.
This personal will work on internal security monitoring, cloud security, and technical implementations. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for career progression and opportunity to drive a greenfield transformation project in a global company.
This person will report directly into the CIO and receive one-on-one opportunities for development.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A SECURITY ENGINEER:
- Support network security processes such as cloud management, web filtering, email security and network access controls
- Oversee information protection technology vendors
- Review and test new technologies for the information protection programme
- Manage the application security processes within the company, between the engineer, penetration, and other divisions
- Ensure all internal (and external) application requirements are developed and secure throughout the design and building stages
- Manage secure development processes within the company
- Lead the SIEM deployment
- Lead an information classification scheme to document and classify information for its archival and disposal
- Support the management of solutions for remote wipe and encryption of mobile devices
- Work with senior leadership and stakeholders to communicate safeguarding needs
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR A SECURITY ENGINEER:
- Experience with Azure is required
- Experience with Office365
- CISSP, CISM or GIAC are highly desirable
- Experience with PKI, IAM and Endpoint Detection and Response
- Experience with network access controls and proxy management
- Strong experience with firewalls, web filtering, DLP, email security and web security
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with information lifecycle management, and network and infrastructure security
BENEFITS OF BEING A SECURITY ENGINEER:
- Opportunity to work on a project building security from the ground up
- Lead investigations into new technologies and make decisions on the tools and programmes used by the company
- Work collaboratively with other divisions to achieve highest security standards
- Work directly with senior leadership and stakeholders to communicate needs of the business