Forming part of 24/7 on call security operations team, our Sec Ops analysts monitor, detect and respond to information security threats and incidents to keep Babylon cyber safe.
- Perform 1st and 2nd line cyber security operations monitoring, triaging alerts from both internal monitoring systems and escalated alerts from Managed Security Service Provider, undertaking cyber security incident response duties in accordance with incident management process and procedures, escalating major incidents
- Support internal vulnerability scanning and external penetration testing activities, using advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Maintain and improve security operations standards, processes and procedures, supporting the continual improvement of Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Support the development of information security awareness communications and training materials
- Test and evaluate security products
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Monitor and respond to events reported through the security team and responsible disclosure mailboxes
- Act as a first point of contact for the security team, appropriately fielding or responding to general security enquiries, giving information and security advice and guidance to staff on end user security issues.
Key Skills Required
- Information security or computer science background
- Foundational information security industry knowledge / technical awareness e.g. security principles and best practices, common attacks types
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Understanding of security technology e.g. firewalls, SIEM
- Effective organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong technology skills
- Inquisitive mind, tenacious nature, scientific and logical in their approach
- Great team player, they collaborate, caring, open and respectful of the views and ideas of others
- Regularly seeks to turn ideas into action and injects creativity into every touch point.
- Questions common practice, is never afraid to ask a ‘silly’ question and provides healthy challenge to the norm
- Frequently has a can-do attitude and a positive viewpoint
- Always ready to reach out for the help or advice of others.
- Batchelors degree or 18 months + work experience in relevant technology or information security role Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), CompTIA Security+ or Network+, GSEC Security Essentials or other equivalent professional qualification; or commitment to obtain such a qualification within an extended 6 months probation period.