Join one of the UK’s fastest growing boutique cybersecurity consultancies as a SOC Lead. Help transform their Cybersecurity arm by growing and managing their Security Operations Centre (SOC) with aim to identify, remediate and prevent network-based attacks on their client base.
What you’ll be doing as the SOC Lead:
- Guide the SOC on a strategic, operational and tactical level
- Use your expertise to be the decisive figure, choosing the tools and technology used within the SOC.
- Be the first point of call for all escalated cybersecurity threats.
- Involvement in security event monitoring, management and remediation if need.
- Certify compliance to the policy, process and procedure within the SOC.
- Continuously develop and improve the Security Operations procedures and structure in regard to dealing with incidents.
- Train, mentor and guide fellow SOC members in all things Security Operations.
- Create reports, dashboards and working metrics to be used within the SOC environment.
What skills are required to be the SOC Lead:
- Deep knowledge of SIEM tools e.g. Microsoft Sentinel or LogRhythm
- Previous experience within a SOC (Managerial preferred but not essential)
- Experience performing triage and remediation
- Well demonstrated Information security knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical knowledge of network and application security controls
- Industry recognised certifications e.g. GIAC/SANS