Software Systems Engineer – All Levels – CI/FS Poly – Maryland
• Solid systems engineering background in architecture/dataflow, developing strategies and solutions to customer data flow problems, and working multiple initiatives at once.
• Ability to understand multi-faceted processes involving multiple systems and services, and personnel.
• Familiarity with agency technologies directly or related to the IC-GovCloud environment, which includes NiFi/EDA/DDS, the GHOSTMACHINE/Analytic Environment and the Data Warehouse platforms (Content Warehouse (CWH) and Event Warehouse (EWH)), RKS, and associated APIs, Copilot, TheCatalog, Trusted Data Format (TDF), ASDF, ABAC, and Agency tools available for IC access, such as DataXplorer and ICON, GATEKEEPER, CASPORT/AccessIT!, and MWS Registry.
• Be solution-oriented, a self-starter, and have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to conduct themselves professionally with the team, customers, and internal and external agency partners, and to clearly communicate with the customer, stakeholders, and system or service providers.
• Work with multiple stakeholders across the IC to ingest their data into the IC-GovCloud and manage end-to-end data ingest initiatives.
• Interact with IC data owners, end users, analysts, and technical SMEs regarding the identification and characterization of their data and help to determine mission use cases and how data will be used within the IC-GovCloud environment.
• Examine customer-provided data samples to understand format, validate content to ensure viability for ingest into the IC-GovCloud environment.
• Explore mission use of IC data with the data provider as well a reaching out to partners to assess data usefulness and data fusion possibilities.
• Partner with IC data owners to use the Data Services Wizard (DSW) tool to complete an IC Ingest Request (similar to DMR).
• Communicate with stakeholders internal and external to the agency in a professional manner via email, telephone, email, VTC, or face-to-face. Participate in technical exchange meetings at local sites or at customer sites in MD, DC, and VA; document meetings, identify and assign actions, and follow up and follow through on all actions.
• Contribute to team initiatives which include sprint activities using Jira, Confluence revisions for team pages, marketing, training materials, and answering actions and data calls from the customer or organizational leadership.