Technical Consultant (Cyber) – Remote
- I’m working with a boutique cybersecurity consultancy that is currently working on a client project with one of the largest IT companies in the world. Their GRC team is growing, and my client is looking for is an Technical Consultant.
- They are currently working on a number of great projects, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a small cybersecurity team, manage multiple clients with endless opportunities to progress your career.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
- Assist and support the development of the external audit plan for my client, including risk assessments and engagement with key stakeholders to shape the IT audit plan
- Use your expertise to support and contribute to typical deliveries such as: Design reviews, making sure the business adheres to security policies and frameworks
- Plan and scope IT internal audit reviews, including meeting key stakeholders, drafting and agreeing audit Terms of Reference.
- Work across all business areas as well as 3rd party vendors to assess information security risk exposure.
- Working alongside Senior Information Security consultants who are subject matter experts within consultancy globally and use this expertise to build credibility with clients – work with ISO27001, NIST, COBIT & ITGC’s.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR A TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
- Strong relationship building skills; act as a consultant & advisor to senior business leaders on the place of Information security in their teams & projects including proposal of enhanced processes & policies.
- IT/cyber audit experience within a large organisation would be desirable.
- Cyber security frameworks (iso27001, NIST etc.) and strong network security experience.
- Any cloud security exposure would be beneficial (AWS or Azure)
- Vast experience in conducting report writing highlighting vulnerabilities to company managers and directors
- Have a good technical background (CISA qualification is a bonus, not required)
- Inquisitive – able to ask questions of the business users in order to understand information security risk exposure
BENEFITS OF BEING A TECHNICAL CONSULTANT
- Salary: £40-45k
- Be able to join a small security team working on projects with one of the world’s leading IT firms.