Technical Engineer – Information Security:
Hybrid – London
Base Salary – £80k – £100k
A multi billion FS company needs a Technical Engineer to transform their Cyber Security posture now in into the future as both their business evolves and so too does the cyber threat landscape.
They’re emerging from a past that didn’t necessarily need to embrace cyber as we do now, but now they’re investing heavily in what is an ongoing programme of security transformation – this is a massive focus for them.
A highly regulated business, and the consequences are massive, meaning they’ll do whatever’s required to protect the business now and into the future – so lots of variety and lots of tech! As the threats evolve and internal systems change, so to will the architecture and controls, meaning the work will be varied and rarely BUA.
They’ll help you retain a cutting-edge industry knowledge supporting you with training and getting certs in the relevant areas.
Plenty of scope for progression as the company is growing and it’s likely that the team will too.
You’ll have the freedom to innovate and implement your ideas in a business where you’ll see the impact of you work.
Role of the Technology Engineer – Information Security
This person will work in the information security team and report directly to the CISO / Head of InfoSec.
- Oversee / help with the implementation of controls that will detect, prevent, and help the business recover from a threat or incident.
- If the business moves to O365 or goes off prem / moves to the cloud etc – you identify the risks, architect / develop the strategy for the mitigating controls required to combat the potential threat.
- Contribute to cyber strategy and considering what controls will be required in an evolving business and changing security landscape.
- Establish processes so that where possible so that security best practice is achieved.
- Collaborate with, infrastructure teams, 3rd party vendors / service providers.
- Stay up to date with the latest tech, security trends, vulnerabilities and threat vectors.
Requirements of the Technical Engineer – Information Security
- A solid background in InfoSec, hands on technical experience and experience working in the FS industry
- Hands on experience delivering security projects such as IAM, PAM, RBAC
- An ability to communicate tech issues to non tech stakeholders
- Comfortable working alone, in a team or managing 3rd
- The confidence to analyze, ask questions, challenge, and solve problems constructively and with a focus on business outcomes and commercial pragmatism.
For more information about the Technical Engineer (InfoSec) role call / email or apply on line -07821 886 292 / email@example.com